Sunday, August 14, 2011

Still avoiding the housework...


Heck, as long as everyone else is going to sleep, I"m going to play!

Practical Scrappers has some interesting sketches this month. They are always so pretty, and so challenging for me. Here is a beautiful sketch by Jannike. :)
I'm not big on cutting up my photos on purpose like this, but Lasting Memories challenged us to try something new. I also used this for the color palette challenge from Color Combos Galore. :)
I love that there was plenty of background on this photo to make this sketch work. Luckily, my sister hasn't mastered the art of the zoom button on my camera. :)
And I realized that quite a few of the nozzles on my Glimmer Mist are starting to give me a hard time. They either stop working, or spit out the mist in globs. Time for a cleaning!
I added a piece of handmade paper I found at an Expo a few years back. It was so pretty and glittery and I finally found a use for it. Still attacking the older stash....
All of the chipboard pieces are from a collection by Me and My Big Ideas. And luckily, Michael's had a huge sale on all their bling, so I stocked up on swirls and pearls. The pearls were just the right touch to finish this up. :)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful job. Sorry you couldn't sleep, but this layout is worth it. Congratulations on trying something new. I love how the photo looks cut into strips. Great take on the sketch. Very nice job Wendy. Thanks for trying something new with Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LO, love what you did with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you did with this was perfect! I am so glad you tried a new technique with us at LM!! You should put a "DT" after your name and join us on the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout! And I am with you... have a harder time cutting up my photos. You did this perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this week. Good luck with the DT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job! I love how you cut the photo, and it works great with the color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!

    ~Ashley
    LM DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a wonderful artist! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeee the way you split the photo, the doily, just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, I love this idea. Glad you tried something new and this turned out fabulous. I love the mosaic look.
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love what you did with the photo, soooo cool!! =)Tiffany
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome!! Love what you did with the photo and you rocked that sketch!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!! Good luck w/DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely take on the sketch! Love how you cut the photo! Thanks for playing with us at Practicalscrappers.com /Pia

    ReplyDelete