Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Birthday Hero



This was my first time playing with a sketch from Shimelle. I love the blocks and thought I would give it a try. :)

I decided to use this sketch with the birthday challenge from The Paper Trail Makers. They are celebrating their 1st birthday with some fun challenges.

This challenge was to create a birthday layout without using any birthday papers or theme goodies.

My title came from my little guy's button that he wore all day at this party. To give the page a birthday feel, I made my own birthday candles. I cut up some polka dotted patterned papers and rolled them up. Then I took a gemstone flower that I had from the dollar spot and broke off all of the petals. These became the "flames" on my candles. :)

I love how the candles turned out, but I really wish they had more Spiderman patterned papers. I have sooo many pictures of my guy in his costume. I guess some online hunting and shopping is in order...sshhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment