Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dr. Seuss Day


Busy, busy weekend ahead! Gotta get something done in the scrap corner before we start working. Not looking forward to all that needs to get done, but the sooner it's done, the sooner I can play more.

Here is my take on sketch #53 from Sketches in Thyme. I love using up my scrap pieces. And I doodled around all the edges to dress them up a bit.

I chose to work with my LAST picture from the Dr. Seuss Birthday party to work with for the challenge at The Studio Challenges. We were to use a book as our inspiration...the title, the book cover, anything that inspired you from a book.

And a fun challenge from Ann at My Sketch World was to mix alphas for your title. I think there are at least 5 different alphas here.

Sad to say this was my last Dr. Seuss picture...and I still have lots of Dr. Seuss stickers and such laying around....hmmm....I"m thinking it's time to take more pictures.....where did I put that hat....???

9 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeee that photo, the big circle and loving all the Dr. Suess goodies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is FABULOUS!! I love the colors and the fun DR. Suess theme! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Love the colours, the photo and the theme :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!1 Great take on the sketch. Love that you used the colors of the cartoon for the page. The stripe resembling the hat is really clever!
    Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Time, hope you join us on the next challenge!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is soooo fun!! love the colors and the way you did your title is fabulous! Always enjoy having you join us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely , great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sensational layout using the Sketch is Thyme sketch. Simply sensational. Thanks fpr playing along with us

    Deb xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful layout! I love the colours :) Thanks for joining us at the Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the way you've played off the hat stripes right on your page! Genius! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete