Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Beauty of Peacocks


I'm trying a new challenge this week. Die Cuts With a View has a template challenge each month. All you have to do is follow the template and use one of their stacks. Since I have quite a few of them, I thought why not dive in and give it a shot.

I used a much older stack called All Dressed Up. I love these bright blue and green colors and the added black is just so rich.

I used an exacto knife to cut along the swirls on the left side of the patterned paper so that it overlayed onto the photo.

The ribbons along the bottom is also from the same collection. I had just a few pieces leftover...still cleaning out the older stash. :)

I cut a circle from white paper and used blue and green Glimmer Mist and then went over it a bit with Shimmer Stickles. A last minute decision was to add black Stickles around the edges of the circle. This was quite tricky, as I have a tendency to put my fingers in it before it dries. I also tend to wipe my Stickles fingers on my jeans, so at least they will sparkle till laundry day.

When I was sorting through the fibers drawer the other day, I found this bag of peacock feathers. PERFECT addition to the page! They were small, colorful and fun!

To finish it all off, I found just the right letters needed to make my title from Thickers. It's getting trickier and trickier as my supply dwindles....


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and layout Wendy!!! Love the flourishes along the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, gorgeous and the pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the feathers! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete