Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Re-do challenge at Scrap Our Stash

This has to be my most favorite challenge ever! I have always wanted to re-do my wedding album.
Scrap Our Stash challenged us to re-do a much older layout. I love seeing how much the trends have changed over the years. And my! What a difference! I had so many pictures, my main goal was just to get them into a book. A few colored pieces of papers, maybe a sticker or two and I was done.

Over the years, the more embellishments I saw, the difference in patterned papers, the techniques....I knew one day I would have to rework my album.

Here is my original page. My hubby proposed to me in Disney World, in front of Cinderella's Castle, just as the fireworks started. :)
So my goal was to incorporate Disney into the wedding as much as I could. Which, of course, was before they came out with the cute Disney stuff.
I simply took a piece of shimmer silver paper, used a corner punch on the pictures and adhered. The picture of Mickey and Minnie came from a coloring book. I loved the simplicity of it and it made the perfect addition to the page. Adhere and done! Wow....I think it might have taken me about 4 and a half minutes to complete this page.

And here is my re-do. I am so happy....:):):):):)

I used the same background paper. No need to waste that. The doily is a placemat sized doily that I had to cut down to fit the page. I used more shimmery silver paper for the photo mats and used a border punch.
The strips across the bottom is a combination of 3 different ribbons. The lace ribbon I just bought from Michael's Recollections sets.
The heart stickers are from K&Company along with the flowers.

My favorite part of the page are the Mickey and Minnie embellishments. :)
I started out with Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot. For the Groom, I traced and cut out a top hat, added some shimmery ribbon and a cute little flower. The bride's veil was made from a few pieces of tulle. I cut the tulle into different sizes to make layers. Then I added glitter Stickles to the edges of each piece. After the Stickles dried, I layered them together and them folded them up a bit and used a fastenator to attached it to Minnie's head. To cover up the staples, I used some Jolee's by You tiny white flowers for the headpiece of the veil.
I am so inspired to work on more of my wedding pictures! With everything that has changed over time, I could easily spend the rest of the year focusing on that album alone. And I could easily spend a lot money buying all the new gorgeous wedding goodies! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the re-do! So cute and yet still has a similar feel to the original.