Saturday, August 27, 2011

Staycation page


Gotta sneak in one more before the party...lol

I used sketch #234 from Sketch Inspiration to do a page from our Chicago Staycation. I went with this fun photo for the Travel challenge from The Paper Variety.
My favorite part was that I was able to include some memorabilia from the trip...a few tickets, and a photo pass. I save everything and it's nice to finally clean it out of the drawer. Since I'm short on time today, I'm also submitting this for the Open Sketch Challenge at Sketches in Thyme. The end of August sure snuck up on me in a hurry!

NOW...I seriously have to get ready for this party! At least the laundry is done! But the brownies aren't...gotta hustle!!


9 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the colors and that you added the tickets! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staycations are the best!! Love your take on the sketch and how you incorporated the brochure/ticket memorabilia. Thanks for "traveling" with The Paper Variety this week! :)
    -Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch and your embellies

    ReplyDelete
  4. great LO- way to sneak in one more project before your party! Hope it was a ton of fun, Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO, love all of the memorabillia you managed to fit into the page :) Thanks for playing along with us at TPV this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun layout-love all the blue! thanks for playing at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great use of the sketch and great pics....thanks for playing along at TPV

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! And what a great memory to capture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great layout! I love how you used your tickets on it too and those photos are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete