Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rainy Saturdays are for Scrapping!


Lots of fun inspiration this month! I noticed quite a few fun sketches, different techniques and a few other fun things I can't wait to try out.

This was the Tuesday Trigger photo from Moxie Fab World. I love all the fun colors. The page kit from Bella Blvd - Estate Sale was perfect for this layout. All of the colors were right there in the collection. Who could ask for an easier project??



The sketch I chose to work with is this week's challenge at Sketchy Thursdays. I had to run out to buy a new Glimmer Mist....which of course, they didn't have the color I really wanted, so I settled. The photo was matted in different cardstock and then adhered to a chipboard mat. I cut the mat down (it was originally from a mini album) and then I used a fun Acrylic Paint Dabber on it to make it that pretty distressed pink. The journaling pocket was sprayed with Glimmer Mist also.
Some of the fun elements I used are some scrap pieces of Magic Mesh and a few nautical charms. I remember when this stuff was sooo popular and I had to have it all. Now I just have to make sure I use it all!
I really love this kit and the fun colors. And I am so glad that there is still much more to play with. :)

It's still raining and miserable humid outside. Guess I will be here all day playing...oh darn...don't feel too sorry for me.... :)


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous LO. I love the pocket you created. Super cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos (especially the little one on the tag!) and loveeeeeeeeeee the misting and the papers you used! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch! Visiting from Sketchy Thursdays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wendy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete