Sunday, August 7, 2011

Getting Ready for Fall


I woke up this morning and almost wanted to put on jeans and a sweatshirt! I don't know why I thought it was Fall already. I stepped outside and was slapped with a rude awakening....hot, humid, and yucky. There goes the sweatshirt....
I started working on this one last night. This WAS for the Guest Design Team spot at Sketchy Thursdays. I loved all the little circles, knew exactly what I was going to do, and managed to finish it up before bed.
This morning, I took my pictures and was getting ready to post....THAT's when I checked the Sketchy Thursday site again. Not only was it a fun sketch....they asked that you use a Reading theme. DUH! This is the second time I have done this! I always see the sketch and start planning and THEN finish reading the post. (kicks self)!!!

Anyway....it was still a fun sketch to work with. I did NOT mat my photos! A very rare occassion for me! The circle part was fun!! Whenever I end up cutting down larger photos, I always save the scraps of the backgrounds. These circles were cut from leftover pieces from last year's Fall pictures. I didn't have the heart to throw away all those fun bits and pieces of hay and straw. I knew they would come in handy some day. :)

The pumpkins are fun felt pieces from Michael's. I love the stitching on them and chose to use that throughout the layout. I outlined stitching on some of the circles and around my bigger pictures.

For an additional element, I added some scraps of fibers. This isn't burlap, but I can't think of what it's called right now...it's early...brain still sleeping...

Going for more coffee now.....

5 comments:

  1. Well... I appreciate you using the sketch anyways! :):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the pumpkins!! Thanks for playing along with us!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute layout. I love the way you used up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love your use of the scraps and fitting the cute felt pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the burlap and use of the hay photos! Thanks for playing along with the Sketchy Thursdays GDT challenge! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the pumpkins! Thanks for playing along in the guest DT challenge!

    ReplyDelete