Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Communion


I don't want to do housework today!!! I want to play in my scraproom all day!!!

Sneaking in a few before the work begins....

This was a gorgeous sketch from Frost Designs Sketch along Tuesdays. Once I saw this color combo challenge from Color Combos Galore, I knew this was the perfect sketch for this picture.

I started with a scalloped circle I hand cut. Which fits the challenge at ScrapFit. :)
I had used Coredinations paper, so after I cut the circle, I sanded the edges just a little bit to bring out some white.

Can you believe this beautiful lace and pearl trim was on clearance at Michael's?? I got this set (two other trims were included) for less than $1!!! The detail is soooo pretty!
The border was made with a piece of scrap paper that has subtle lines on it. The scalloped piece is from Bazzill Borders that I inked with pewter Cat's Eyes. I had to make my own lace trim for this. I just used a piece of ribbon lace and added some pearl bling along the edges.

My cluster is a combination of pearly wedding flowers, Jolee's pearly crosses, and some pearly bling from Recollections.

Again, I was able to hit up the older stash for these letter stickers from Miss Elizabeth. They had stars at the tops, so I covered them all up with pearls. :)

I sure hope my tomboy little girl likes this page! Of course, she is in a dress, so most likely not. :)


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page! I love how you used all white...perfect for the occasion. That photo frame is gorgeous! I love everything about this. Thank you for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant LO! I love your hand cut scallops and how you used so many different elements together so beautifully! Thanks for playing at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Wendy! Gee I wish my Michaels had good bargains like yours does! Beautiful frame. Love the cluster of flowers and crosses! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant white layout this is Wendy! Love all the beautiful trim and bling you used- the simplicity really makes the adorable photo stand out- like it should. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Along Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an elegant page and LOVE all the white on it!!! wonderful embellies to match!!! the scallops work great. thanks sooo much for playing along at ScrapFit!!!

    ReplyDelete