Saturday, August 27, 2011

A school project


I hate it when I get an idea in my head and it never turns out the same way! Oh well, it was still fun to make it. :)

Lasting Memories next challenge was to show our secrets. I had this idea for a while and finally got the motivation to put it together. My idea was to create a pocket page that looked like a school locker. :)
I started out by cutting the inside of the cardstock to create a "frame". The inside square would be the door. I added some hinge stickers and to make it more realistic, I added a few eyelets for the hinge rivets.
Next I cute a square for the lock. I also had some fun lock stickers. I wanted a combination lock but didn't have one and couldn't find the right inspiration to make one. Hopefully, it will come to me later and I can fix this.
Next I used a little Glimmer Mist on the door so it didn't look so clean. What locker ever is?? I added some random stickers all over and my daughter's name and the school year. I'm thinking of doing this for upcoming years too. Only the locker door will look worse and worse with wear...lol.



On the right side, I made a pocket to hold all of her school certificates, award tickets, test scores, and her report card.
Now that I think of it, I should have added her school picture in there somewhere...another adjustment coming...
On the left side is the inside of the locker door...where most of us had a small mirror and maybe a picture of our current crush. She has a crush on too many to put anything in there yet...lol. And I just couldn't deal with looking at a picture of Justin Beiber. :(
The mirror was cut from a fun piece of metallic paper from Colorbok.
Behind the mirror are a few pieces from a small notebook with some random notes and lists. I always had pieces of notebook paper sticking out of every book and anywhere else I could tuck stuff. I decided to add a few pieces after Frosted Designs posted their school paper challenge. Great timing!
So there you have it. I made a secret pocket page, cleaned out the drawer a bit, found a fun place to put my daughter's school stuff and finished 2 loads of laundry! YAY!

Family reunion today, so I'm trying to play as much as possible....before I end up with hundreds more pictures....lol

Have a great day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great job! I LOVE what you did with this! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories, and good luck with the DT Call!

    ~Ashley
    LM DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. What a fabulous idea for your "secret".
    Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories and good luck with the DT call.
    Hugs
    Brenda LMDTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a wonderful secret! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just great! I am going to have to remember this one!! Thanks for joining as Lasting memories. Good luck with the DT call.
    Michele
    LM DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea. I love this and what a great way to save important facts and papers for the year. I think I will have to use your idea. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the locker look!! Pocket pages are awesome for those paper treasures!

    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool!! Love it! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Frosted Designs :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete