Saturday, August 20, 2011

Is it Time Yet??


I am so ready for our vacation!!! I love long road trips and I am so excited that we are in talks about a trip to Ohio. We were supposed to go last year, but never had the time due to family commitments.

I love taking pictures of the kids during road trips. We always play all kinds of games to keep them busy. I print out tons of stuff and keep a folder in the car. Here are the kids getting ready to play roadside bingo.

I saw this sketch from Stuck on U Sketches and was all excited! I bought a pack of die cut papers from Target last summer and this was one I was anxious to use. So glad this sketch came along! I was going to wait to use it until after our trip, but then I remember that I already had a few pictures that I could use. :)

Frosted Fridays challenge this week was to use time pieces or clocks. I realized that everything my kids keep asking repeatedly on our trips were all related to time. I printed them out on white cardstock and inked them out. I also googled clock faces and printed those out too. Then I mounted them onto chipboard circles.

This was fun! Time for a late lunch!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy you did such a great job on the sketch....like the polka dot paper and I love them clocks with the sayings ...
    Thanks for playing along with us @ SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout (and so true on a car trip)!! You did a great job with the sketch!

    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Sooo glad the sketch worked for you!
    And sounds like some great family time together!
    How smart are you to print and use Googled images, love that idea!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on that awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did awesome with this sketch. I am still learning how to use them. It's a challenge for me. Nicely made.

    Pookie
    scraptaculardesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your take on the sketch, Wendy! Looks like your trip was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! that is an awesome take on our sketch.. luv the little quotes you added and they just made me laugh cause I know I'll have those words to look forward to in a couple of weeks when we drive from Iowa to Florida..LOL
    thnx for joining out sketch challenge over at SOUS..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your layout! I love all of the clocks and what a neat sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute LO!!! Love the placement of all the time pieces. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a great take on the sketch..perfect :) Thanks for playing along at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic .. love it all especially " are we there YET ????" LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool take on the sketch Wendy - love the little subtitles on the clocks. Reminds me of trips when my kids were young. Thanks for joining us at Stuck On U Sketches... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete