Sunday, July 24, 2011

Winding down...


I love taking pictures of butterflies! And I am even happier that they love to have their picture taken. The zoo has a butterfly haven that is just wonderful. And every year I make it a point to get to the butterfly festival at our local nature preserve.

This was a great sketch from The Studio Challenges. I love all the little butterflies and decided to stick with the theme of the sketch. These pictures are from last year's festival.

I used some scraps of mulberry paper for the photo mats. The flower die cuts and the large butterfly are from fabulous die cut packets from K&Company.

The butterflies are also for the re-run challenge at The Trail Makers blog. I had to use butterflies, bees and birds. If you look closely, there is a little bee by the flower die cuts. I thought adding a bird somewhere would be pushing my luck...lol.


I wanted to try splattering some paint on the page and give my glimmer mists a break, but I have very limited colors. :(

I dug through the bling drawer and used different sizes and colors to make the butterfly trails.

And the title is from Marcella by K. I found this die cut packet at Target. This was hidden in the drawer of Fall goodies. I don't know what made me look there, but I am so glad I did. I'm thinking I should just spend a whole day and just look through everything to remind myself of what is in the stash.

Well, the hubby called a little bit ago to warn me that he and the kiddies are on their way home. So my fun is almost over. I can't get this silly smile off my face...lol. I am so happy with everything I accomplished today. I'm not giving up yet...I think I might be able to start one more page. Hubby and I are having a dinner date tonight. :)
He starts his new job tomorrow and needs to shop at Kohl's for new work clothes.

Think I can convince him to let me run into Archivers?? Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Great layout! So glad you played along with us at Trail Makers Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete