Saturday, July 30, 2011

Successful Saturday!!!

Well, what was supposed to a fun day with the family at a cousin's baby shower, turned into a full day of cleaning, organizing and scrapbooking. I can't complain too much...I got a LOT done today! All of my sitters had to work today. Even the hubby who was supposed to be home. But I know he will be surprised when he gets home and sees how much we did.

I met someone that is kinda new to scrapbooking and I was more than happy to purge my stash to help get her started. I love that I was able to part with a lot of stuff, but it's kinda sad to see how much I had that I would never use. I wish I could curb my spending....not gonna happen!

In between cleaning and purging, I would work on a page and complete some fun challenges. :)

My first page is a sketch from Sketch Inspiration #230. I used up all the bits and pieces from a page kit I was hanging onto. It was either use it, or it was going in the box to be donated. I love all the bright colors! And some of the elements are on pop dots. I even used a slide mount for the word Groovy! It's amazing what you can find while cleaning!



This was a gorgeous sketch from Let's Capture These Sketches #93. I was able to use 3 different sized doilies for this one. 3 different colors of ink on each. For the title, I used some older letter stickers on a piece of vellum. I also broke out the decorative scissors for the photo mat. While I was organizing my flowers by color, I ran across these beautiful yellow blossoms from Prima. I added a few others too. And because I love showing off my doilies, I'm using this for the circle challenge at Frosted Designs. :)

This sketch really gave me a hard time. I had so many ideas in my head, but I didn't have the pictures that would work for it. It has been driving me nuts for over a week! Here is my take on sketch #92 from Let's Capture These sketches. I used dark blue Glimmer Mist on a light blue background. I am so glad I have a super stash of doilies! These were inked and sprayed also. The metallic flowers are from Prima and the paper flowers are from Michael's. I also added some bling from Prima. The patterned papers are from the Linen Stack from Die Cuts With a View. My biggest accomplishment was finally convincing myself to mix up different fonts for my titles. I don't know why that is so hard for me...

And finally....Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays. This was another page completed with a page kit full of leftovers. This kit was from Colorbok. I love that the kits come with a full sheet of die cut frames. I colored this one with Tombow Markers. A few of the elements are on pop dots and the flowers are from the now organized drawer. :)



So I managed to complete 4 pages, clean out the corner, purge my stash, find lots of "new" goodies, clean and organize the kids room, and 3 loads of laundry. NOW I am TIRED!

Oh...and the saddest part about cleaning out the scrap stash....I have a running shopping list of things I need.....It's a neverending cycle....but I love it!! :)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome LO's, all of them. Glad you got to scrap a little today. I try to cut myself off from spending too but that never seems to happen. I get really overwhelmed with how much stuff I have sometimes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee these!!! I am loving those doilies on that second one the best! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve what you did with the sketches from LCOM!!! thank you so much for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All pretty creations! Thanks for playing along at LCTS!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy- I love all the layouts and you sound alot like me- that's kinda what I did yesterday, laundry, cleaning and 4 layouts done. I didn't purge anything tho...lol Thanks for taking the time to join us at Frosted Designs- for both challenges. Love what you did with the circle (doileys) how cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with our Sketch Along Tuesdays sketch #20 at Frosted Designs. The big frame is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....I love your layouts! The circle one is great with those doilies. Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your take on these sketches are awesome. I love the circle sketch the best! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Frosted Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your lo are beautiful! I love your take on our current sketcha at Frosted designs, and I love how you've used all those scraps.
    Thank you for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch - thanks for playing along with us over at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful lo's! Fab job with both LCTS sketches! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete