Sunday, July 17, 2011

Frosted Finds!

How fun is it when you see a challenge that really makes you dig through your stash and you find lots of treasures you forgot you had??!!

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday challenge was to use a quote on your project. I have been seriously neglecting a whole drawer full of vellum quotes that I have "collected" over the years. Tons of different subjects to choose from, too! I am leaving these on my desk so I remember to actually use them! I don't know if I'm excited that I found this "hidden" stash or mad at myself for not remembering that I had them all....

So this quote came from a little booklet of vellum pieces from Joann's Scrap Essentials. It's from Hans Christian Anderson....in case you can't read it...

"Just living is not enough...One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."

Since there are PLENTY of flowers on this page, I thought it worked perfectly. :)


This sketch is from Let's Capture These Sketches. Love all the different circles! I used some doilies that I inked and misted. The centers of the doilies are cut circles from random pieces of scrap paper. All of the flowers came from the Big Drawer of Flowers. I still can't believe how many I use and the drawer is still stuffed! Apparently, I need to use more....not a problem!! I still have most of my Spring pictures to work with! :)
Bright and early Sunday morning, 2 loads of laundry done, grocery shopping done, and a layout finished! Now I can play in the pool...guilt free!!

Have a great Sunday!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, beautiful LO! Love all the flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO! Adore this colour scheme and flowers! Many thanks for joining Frosted Designs Challenge. Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the sketch and love the flowers. Awesome! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete