Monday, July 11, 2011

When the lights go out....

...run to the scrap corner! What else is there to do??


We were "lucky" and got out of work early due to no power. Of course, we sat there for 4 hours before they finally decided to let us go.

Let's Capture These Sketches has some gorgeous sketches! I am so happy all my Spring pictures are in and I can try to take a chunk out of them. Here is my take on sketch #89. My pictures were a little bit bigger than I planned.

The background paper was solid and I kinda dabbed my ink pad around randomly. The mats and accent pieces were all from the scrap box.

The title box is from K&Company and I tried to dress it up a bit with a cluster of flowers. The flowers were cut up to try to get them to resemble tulips. The greenery was cut from a sheet of patterned paper from The Wild Side from Joann's. I cut the leaves and then scored them down the middle and crumpled them up a bit. This idea came from ScrapFit's Weekend Warmup Challenge #9. We were challenged to make embellishments from patterned papers. I'm so glad I found this sheet in the stash. I also used some tiny flower ribbon to give it all a final touch.

Well, halfway through the page, the power came back on! I don't what I'm happier about....having my computer back, or the air conditioning.....


2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! Those flowers are amazing!! Love the yellow...just a beautiful layout! I'm so glad you joined in the fun at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete