Sunday, July 31, 2011

Giddy Up!! It's Sunday Morning!


Good Morning Friends!!

I was afraid to step outside this morning because of all the humidity we have been dealing with. I went out to take a picture of my layout and now I wish I could move my scrap desk out there! It is absolutely gorgeous outside! Low humidity, lower temps, and all I can hear are the birds singing....and those incredibly loud cicadas.

I may have to forego my "do nothing but scrap day" today to get out and do something fun. It's been so hard to do anything fun with these miserable temperatures. The kids don't even want to play in the pool. The water actually got too warm to be refreshing. :(

I woke up to this fun sketch from Creative Scrappers #167. It's so hard to find smaller pictures to fit some of the sketches, but I'm learning that cropping out a lot of the scenery isn't such a bad thing. I use the larger scraps from pictures as elements on future layouts. :)

All of these papers came from a Cowboy kit from The Paper Studio. I used a border punch on all of the pieces. ScrapFit Weekend Warmup #10 was to use border punches. I have a very limited supply of border punches but I was able to have some fun with it. :) To frame the pictures, I added some jute. I wrapped a bunch of jute together to make the lasso. Some fun stickers from We R Memory Keepers and I was done!

Now....do I wake everyone up? Or keep scrapping? hmm......

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I love the red paisley handkerchief paper...it's perfect for those photos! And I LOVE the lasso!! I love the hat & boots...it all just matches perfectly. Thank you for playing with us at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this!! LOVING those photos and loveeeeeee the lasso rope! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LO! I love how the page really fits the photos! Great idea to use the jute as your rope and just love the lasso! Thanks for joining the ScrapFIT Weekend Warm Up! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete