Saturday, July 9, 2011

Christmas in July


The Paper Variety is having a fun challenge! It's called "Christmas in July". It's a fun way to cool things off now that the temperatures have steadily been rising. I decided to scrap a photo card from our cousins.

The sketch is #163 from Creative Scrappers. I loved all the small squares. While I was searching for scraps to use, I ran across a stack from Anna Griffin. She has the most elegant papers! I was trying to figure out how to get all these little squares without chopping up quite a few sheets of 12 x 12 paper. Then it hit me....just use the cover of the stack! The sizes of the sample squares were just perfect!

The chipboard pieces are from K&Company, with a bit of gold cord and some poinsettias stickers. The bottom left corner was embellished with a few Christmas buttons from the stash.

This page really took my mind off of the sunburn...time for more lotion!



2 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas layout Wendy and genius idea to use the cover of the collection!! Love the tags and cute, cute picture of the kiddos. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice layout! Amazing papers and super cute picture! Thank you so much for joining in on the Christmas fun at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete