Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ageless Beauty


Here is one of my favorite pictures of my Mom. This is her Senior High School picture. I could tell you what year it was, but she threatened me...lol.

Fabulous Friday's Challenge from Frosted Designs was to use a vintage photo on your project. I used Echo Park's For the Record collection. The colors had just enough of a vintage feel that I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. I used a strip of lacey ribbon near the top and added some gorgeous yellow Prima flowers. The small red flowers are from Michael's. All of the butterflies were fun chipboard pieces from Maya Road. I used Tombow markers on them in different colors, then I went over them with some Stickles.

The sketch is the July 1st sketch from My Sketch World. I'm glad I was able to play along. The sketch worked so well with the Echo Park papers. :)

Mom is coming over tomorrow for our 4th of July party...I sure hope she likes what I've done with her picture! :)


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic LO!!! You have done this beautifully.

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, I look forward to seeing more of your work

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and beautiful photo. Thanks for participate to our challenge.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)
    http://scrap-colors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete