Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tropical Trance


YAY! I am so happy that I was able to finish this before our big scrapbook shopping trip today!

This sketch is from The Scrappiest #114. I was hoping to finish this last night, but who could resist an invitation to dinner from an old friend?? Especially when it's pizza!!! Which, by the way, makes a great breakfast too... :)

My daughter loves going to Navy Pier to the Crystal Gardens and just watching the waterfalls and flowers. Until she sees a bee...lol...then it's totally meltdown time! Which is really hysterical....just saying...I need video of her reaction...lol

These were all miscellaneous papers from the scrap box. The flowers are also from "The Drawer of a Million Flowers I Will Probably Never Use Up".

Scrap Our Stash is having a May Challenge to use up some flowers from the stash. Since I have gazillions to choose from, this was an easy challenge...until it came time to choose the pictures. Yesterday I was able to get out and take some Spring pictures with my daughter, but of course, they are still on the camera. So I decided it had to be the tropical flowers instead of spring.

My proudest achievement was the title. I used a set of Thickers letters. I was down to the bare minimum and was able to cut, chop, slice, and piece together all the right letters. I used up quite a few numbers and "q"'s and "j"'s. I didn't have to break down and wait to buy a new set! Of course, I will pick up new ones today...but that doesn't count.....

Happy Sunday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wnedy this is so pretty! i love the flowers you added.
    Thanks for playing along at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete