Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Easter #1


I recently found a ton of older pictures hidden in the closet. Most of them were my daughter's school pictures, which were already scrapped. But then there were hidden gems! Lots of Easter Bunny pictures taken throughout the years. And tons of Santa pictures!

This is a picture of my daughter when she was about 6 years old. She is not happy that these are all over my desk now. She turns 21 in July! LOL! She has her friends here all the time and they have been giggling over how cute she is in these pictures.

The background paper has been around for a zillion years. I had to stock up on it because I thought it was so cool and could have a ton of uses. The Easter egg patterned paper is new from today's shopping trip. I love this title sticker from Jolee's too! I had fun inking up a doily with some new inks from Studio G. And I also added a few miscellaneous stickers popped up on metal rimmed tags.

The sketch is from Sketches in Thyme. I am such a dork too. I placed my patterned paper on the desk and did a quick hand sketch of what I wanted to cut out. I was so careful to cut it out to get the swirl just the right way. Then....I realized I had the paper flipped the opposite direction. Sooo...I ended up flipping the whole page to resemble the original sketch. Stupid rookie mistake...lol. Oh well....

3 comments:

  1. Love the title and the embellies

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great layout Wendy, I have done the same thing cutting shapes out like you did- oh well, glad you still could make it work!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great project!! thanks for playing at sketches in thyme!!

    ReplyDelete