Sunday, May 15, 2011

Feeling Tropical


I finally managed to get away from the "cold" pictures. Even though these were taken when it was cold out, I still get a good tropical feeling.

I used this week's sketch challenge from Stuck On U Sketches. I love all the circles. It also helped that I had them already cut from a previous project. This kit has been used to death and I still have more left. I think it's from Colorbok...there are no labels left.

The flowers were taken from a lei we had gotten from one of our vacations. And the bling on the flowers were all from Michael's dollar spot. The title was a piece from a K&Company set that I matted on green cardstock. All of the swirl bling was put together using various bling from the stash.

Now I need to stick with "warm" pictures! I feel better already!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy!
    This is really cool and I really do like the colors for this..kinda and I love that!And the fact that you've used the flowers from a keepsake, well that's the coolest!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! that is gorgeous... I love your take on the sketch and how you added your own flare to it with the flowers and leaves..
    Thnx for playing along with us girls over at SOUS..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, I love the tropical feel of this one, Wendy!! Gorgeous colors!!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is fantastic!! Love the tropical feel, great take on the sketch. Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, I'm ready to go pack my bags and take a little trip! Love the tropical feel. So glad to see that you played along with us this time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love those eye popping orange flowers ...Great take on the sketch
    Thanks for playing along with us @ SOUS
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors on your layout,the tropical feel warms my heart. great take on our sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous tropical feel ... love your bright flowers .. great take on the sketch .. cheers X:)

    ReplyDelete