Saturday, May 7, 2011

Squeezing in some scrapping....


We had a beautiful day today! My youngest daughter made her First Holy Communion this morning. We had a wonderful brunch with the whole family. I managed to participate in a little NSD fun. And now I have to get moving to get dressed up again. We are off to the photographers to get some professional family photos taken.

Here is a layout I did for Challenge #2 at Scrap Whispers. Georgina (who I am discovering REALLY loves cake...lol) challenged us to do a layout of our favorite cake. I had bought this new "toy" a few months ago. It's my new Cupcake Display Tower. I LOVE this thing! Never mind that making cupcakes are so much easier to make!

This photo is from my daughter's 9th birthday party. She had a Twilight theme, so the color scheme was red, white and black. This was the first time I used the tower. My oldest daughter and I decorated the base of the stand with roses, streamers and crystals. I love how it turned out!

I used a one photo sketch from Artful Delight to create this page. Since I had only the one photo left (yes, I took lots of photos of the tower), this sketch was perfect and came at the right time.

I'm also using this for the challenge at Show Us Your Stuff. The challenge was to use trims, ribbons and lace. I used a piece of felt ribbon trimmed in lace for an accent piece. I also added a piece of the same ribbon to the tag and attached it with fastenators. :)

Now I really have to get moving....time for more pictures!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, fabulous LO!! I love the doilies! :-) Thank you so much for playing along with Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, this one rocks. We'd better not let Georgina see your display tower otherwise she'll want one! I just love your cupcake embellishments - beautiful work.
    Thanks for playing along with us!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete