Saturday, March 6, 2010

Couture Cardstock Challenge - March 6th:

Let's just say that today's challenge was definitely a challenge!  I am NOT good at sewing anything!  So of course, today's challenge was to sew something on your page or add a sewing element.  So my FIRST attempt was to add a baseball-like stitching to my page.  Not exactly the straightest lines, but I measured it out, punched all the holes and sat back listening to my latest favorite music while "sewing".  This was another page that REALLY got me in the mood for baseball!  28 days till Opening Day! 

My second attempt wasn't really sewing.  I have all this scrapbooking wire laying around and wanted to try using it.  I added the fishing pole diecut at the top, added a brad and wrapped wire around it.  At the bottom of the page,  I added the fish diecut, another brad and ended the wire wrapped around that brad.  I found this really cute little hook in my stash!  

So I definitely feel accomplished today!  AND....we spent a good portion of the day at the zoo for Pig Day!  Can't wait to work on those pictures!

Have a great weekend!!!




2 comments:

  1. Cuuute stitching!!! LOVE the baseball "seam" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how the stitches mimic the ball, awesome page!

    ReplyDelete