Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Scrapping Sunday!

I really do plan on watching the big game today....WHILE I scrap!
Here are a few that I managed to finish so far...

This page is for the newest challenge blog called About A Boy.
Since this blog is just starting out, the challenge was to introduce the Boy in your life:


And I managed to do it without a sketch!!!
I totally love all these little gears.  These papers are from the Prima Craftsman collection.
I added a few metal gears from Tim Holtz too.


And then I finally managed to finish a page I started a few days ago.  I hate it when I start a page and then halfway through I get totally stuck.  This one was quite a puzzle for me.  I tried to stick to the sketch which is from Sketchbook 365:


And this is how it ended:


I fussy cut the hexagons from some My Mind's Eye papers.  The flowers are all from the stash...with buttons in the centers.  And just as an added touch I ended some metal dragonflies.

Have a great day!!!

17 comments:

  1. Love your AAB layout! I'm also going to have to check out the other page you listed! I'm always looking for new sketches to try! Love the colors and flowers in that page!

    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great About a Boy layout. Thank you for playing along. I like you flower layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page, love what you did with the challenge, thanks for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute layout! I like the title and gears! Thank you for playing along with us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job with the AAB challenge - loving those gears too! Thanks for joining us at AAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both layouts are super cute!! I love the photo of Jason :) Very cute!
    Thanks for playing at AAB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these layouts! I also love hexagons and sketches as much as you. Who makes those hexagon letter stickers on your layout about Jason?

    Thanks for playing the About A Boys Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovin' the title & the embellishments! Thanks for joining the About a Boy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely boyish layout! love the gears.
    Thanks for joining us at AAB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both great LOs. Lov ethe gears in the first =) Thanks for playing along with us at About A Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! Love the abundance of flowers in the latter one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the AAB challenge - the layout is super cute! The Prima's paper works so well with all the gears. Thanks for playing along at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. huge fan of gears as well! What a great way to use them Love your LO. Glad you joined in at AAB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, gorgeous sunflowers! What a nice way to give a cheery edge to the 365 sketch - it's impossible not to smile when you look at it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sunflowers and the yellow flowers decorating are just perfect for the layout. Thank you for joining us at sketchbook365.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great layouts! Love how you interpreted the Sketchbook365 sketch! TFS!

    ReplyDelete