Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lots of Christmas pages!!

I love that my kids sleep late on Christmas morning! That means I get some "me" time! I feel like all I have been doing is accumulating Christmas scrapping goodies and not using them. Well, I tried my best to fix that problem and I'm not stopping now! I'm lucky enough to have tomorrow off too!
Today, when they finally wake up, I am taking everyone outside to build me a HUGE snowman! We haven't been able to do that for years due to lousy weather. So today...that will be fixed! I"m soooo excited!!!
So here is what I have been working on lately....

This is a GORGEOUS sketch by Suepup at Stuck on U Sketches. GORGEOUS!! This one probably took the longest to do, but it was FUN! I used a chipboard border along the outside. I covered it in Stickles and set it aside to dry for a while. Then I added red glitter to the outside of the doily and had to wait for that too. So we went to the in-laws for Christmas...lol. By the time I got home, everything was set and I was ready to finish. I used some handmade sparkly paper for the photo mat and distressed the edges a bit. The background paper has a slight shimmer to it and I gave it a quick mist with a light blue spray. Next, I went a little crazy with some ZVA swirly bling in red and blue, added lots of flowers and a few snowflakes. The title came from Jolee's and the journal spot was printed out by me. :)
I'm also submitting this one for Frosted Designs challenge this week. The challenge was to use a Christmas song. The whole time I was working on this, I would swear this title said Jingle Bells! Which is the song that they were singing with Santa. :)
This had to be my most favorite page of the weekend! I just love the way it sparkles!
This week at Sketches in Thyme we were able to use any sketch we chose. Since this page is going to be on display on my desk for a while, I'm glad I could play along with the wonderful ladies on the DT! :)





Next I have a quick page I did for the December 7th sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches. I used lots of papers from a kit I found last year in the Dollar Spot at Target. The title was made from Colorbok letters and some Jolee's stickers.


Sketchy Thursdays offered up a "secret" sketch for Facebook Fans this week...shhh....
I love scrapping family photo Christmas cards! I saved them all from last year and boy, did they come in handy! More Dollar Spot papers and a few miscellaneous embellishments. The ribbon is from the stash and the holly is a wooden accent piece from Michael's. :)



As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew I had the perfect photo! Another Christmas card from last year! More Dollar Spot papers! And a great sketch from Stuck?! And I am addicted to these blooms from Michael's! I bought tons of them on clearance! I can't wait to see the family's reaction when they see what I've done with their cards!

Thanks for looking!! I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!!! I'm off to build my snowman and then work on more Christmas pages. I have to use up this stuff I bought...I have no place to put it! LOL!
Have a great day!!!


13 comments:

  1. Great take on the SOUS design, Wendy, Love all your bling, hope your snowman was spectacular...
    love all your other LOs as well ... luv A X:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! What wonderful attention to detail - definitely put me in the holiday spirit!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layouts! Love all the details- and a great sketch.
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Very festive. Thank's for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to get together because I really need to get moving on my photos from last Christmas! LOL! Before I stack up 2 season's to scrap!
    You've done a wonderful job and love seeing you participate in the best challenges blogs out there! =o)
    You kick holiday butt!

    =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look at you go!! Great Christmas LOs... the first one is just stunning! I agree with Leah... totally need to get together with you so you can get me inspired to get this year and last year and the year before done!! Somedays I think I will never catch up! :) I love, love, love the photo of the kids on their bellies!! It is darling!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! miss Wendy you have been a busy scrapper. i wish i have some time to scrap as much as you do LOL! Love all your LO's. thank you for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

    hugs,
    isay :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are beyond great LOs. Thanks for joining us at sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! you've certainly been busy.. Lovely layouts and great work on the SOUS sketch..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, Wendy, look at all of those beautiful Christmas layouts!! You've done an amazing job on all of 'em and I'm so glad that you were able to play along with us over at SOUS!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all!! I especially love the colors n the first one, and the picture in the last one is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three beautiful layouts Wendy! Your layout using the sketch at SOUS is so full of beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete