Sunday, July 1, 2018

Catch the Wave

Happy Saturday!!  It's only 102 degrees outside!  Not bad..considering the heat index yesterday was 115!
Needless to say, I have been at my desk scrapping allll day.  It's way too hot to venture outside.

The July challenge from More Than Words was to be inspired by the word "beach" and "seashells".  We also were challenged to add seashells on our project somewhere.

Here is the challenge board:


I had lots of pictures from our trip to Typhoon Lagoon in Disney, so I worked on this sketch from Sketches in Thyme:


And came up with this page:


I reversed the center of beach text paper.
I hand cut a circle and used inks on it, but didn't like the coloring so I went over it with markers.  Still not happy with it...
The chipboard circles are from Creative Embellishments.
I used 2 different ink on them to get a color close to what I was looking for.
I then added some fun wave and seashells stickers from Jolee's.
The font on the letter stickers is one of my favorites!
I wish I could find more like that!

I'm happy with the results - but it also reminded me that i need to shop for more colors in inks and markers.  

Thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words this month. Glad you could escape the heat by doing what you love ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb creation!!! ♥
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely layout!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW!! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on out challenge this month! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how adorable! I love those tiny shells! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome! Your layout is rockin'! Thanks for playing along with us at SIT!

    ReplyDelete