Monday, September 3, 2018

CSI Case No. 261 - Italy

Storms are really gearing up - clouds are rolling in, it's getting dark.  I'm so happy to have a hobby that doesn't require a lot of electricity - just in case...lol

This page took a while to come together.  It's my resolution to Case No. 261 from CSI Case Files.




This one was a bit tricky for me.  I almost caved in and worked on school page, but I stuck to my guns and found some Disney pics to work on.
These pics are from Italy in Epcot.  The colors seemed to work very well with the color palette.


I dug through the box of scraps and pulled out as much as I could (a HUGE goal of mine is to use them instead of storing them!)
The flowers were found in the basket - along with the leaves.
I also added a couple of butterflies.  Hidden between a flower and leaf is an acrylic dot with an owl on it too...lol.
The Italy stamps were from a sticker set from Nostalgiques.
I also added black marker to the edges of the papers and mats to emulate the doodles on the case file.

So here are my notes from the case:

Evidence:
Diagonal Stripes (papers)
Ledger paper print (scrap behind the photos)
Cat / other animal (butterflies and owl)
Leaves
Clock (on the journal card)
Stamps (random stickers)

Testimony:
The journaling on the card is in "list form"
(this is such a pathetic stretch of the interpretation...lol)

The Scheme:
Bright White
Sage Green
Dark Sage Green
Candy Apple Red

Made it before the storm shut down the computer!
Woohoo!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!




4 comments:

  1. Wow - this is just AMAZING! I absolutely love how you have used the colours - and your overall layout design is beautiful! I especially love the title! Completely FAB!
    Thank you for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Wendy, the colours do indeed go pefectly with your photos, I love the doodling and the idea of the black marker around all the edges. I'm on a mission to use scraps too, just goes to show what you can do with them! Thanks for playing with us at CSI :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page - love that doodling around the edge! I also like your interpretation of the "stamps" clue. Thanks for joining us over at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Wendy! Beautiful photos too! Love the dimension and detail on here!

    ReplyDelete