Saturday, September 4, 2010

Starting with Saturday....

After a rocky start, I finally found my mojo and got to work on a bunch of projects I have been wanting to do this weekend.  I received a whole new batch of pictures in the mail and I am totally anxious to get to work on them.  Of course, this means I will probably put off the vacation pictures, yet again.

This first layout is actually of vacation pictures from the beach at Atlantis in the Bahamas.  I am totally missing this place....
I sprayed the background with 2 different shades of blue glimmer mist.  
All of the added elements are from Colorbok - Wild Indigo.  
The sketch is from Creative Genealogy.  



My second page was inspired by Off the Wall Craftiness.  This week's color combo is red  and aqua.  
The sketch is from Stuck on U Sketches.
All the papers are from Heidi Grace.  I inked up some of the flocked snowflakes with a light aqua ink and added some sparkly snowflakes.  Those came from the dollar spot at Joann's.  
Other materials used:
Aqua snowflakes stickers from Target
Making Memories glitter swirls
Miss Elizabeth Winter stickers


The last layout for the day came from the sketch at Sketches in Thyme.  A beautiful sketch that called for one photo.  My butterfly pictures are the ones that just came in the mail, so I was pretty happy!
The color inspiration is this week's challenge at Frosted Designs.  A great photo was posted and this picture jumped right out of the box, begging to be scrapped.
Not sure where I got the background paper, but it worked perfectly.
The large doily was inked with a light pink paint dauber.
The smaller doilies were sprayed with glimmer mist and then inked a bit to tone down the spray.  
The butterflies were cut out by hand, colored in the Tombow markers and dotted with white paint.  I mounted them on pop dots to give them some dimension.
The fabric flowers, buttons and ribbons all came from a wonderful kit from Katies Kreations 4 U.  
The colors just happened to fit the challenge perfectly!

I think I'm giving up for today...have a great night!


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful days work, Wendy! Love all these but I'm currently working a snow page using the same colors as you and wish I had some of those great snowflakes! Thanks for playing with SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic projects & great attention to detail! Thanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs.
    Scrap happy-
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Los Wendy .. love the Snowflakes x:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girl these are fabulous! Your butterfly pictures are awesome :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, great pages, love them all esp the butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty. Thank you for playing with Sketches in Thyme this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts. I love seeing childhood pictures. Great take on this weeks sketch and I hope to see you again next week.

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  9. kicking butt as usual! great job!
    I really love all the colors of these..think that's my fav thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you sure were busy, all the layouts are spectacular.
    Love how you used the sketch this week, my favorite is the doily.
    Thanks for playing with Sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pages. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow..those are all so beautifully made..I'm so glad you joined us at SOUS and found the sketch to be inspiring.. *Loving those snowflakes*..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layouts, Wendy!! I can't believe that you can do 3 of these beauties in one day!! Fantastic job!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layouts Wendy! Absolutely love the butterflies on your Sketches In Thyme layout! You chose such beautiful colors to compliment your fab picture! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete