Sunday, August 21, 2011


It was a late Saturday night for me, but I was determined to finish up this page. And then of course, there was no daylight to take the picture. So I'm starting out this morning by posting this and then pulling out some new sketches!

I made this layout using this month's sketch from Die Cuts With a View. This is my second attempt. I stuck with the Rustic Stack for all the pretty papers.

One technique that I am soooo not good at is stitching or sewing. But, I pulled out my old eyelet setter, made a lot of noise and added what seemed like a gazillion eyelets. Then I started threading some embroidery floss through each eyelet. What a pain! Did I also mention that I have absolutely no patience! And since I really had no idea what I was doing, it took a few attempts to get it right. Now that I think I got it, I hope I don't have to do this again soon!
This fits right in with The Paper Variety challenge which was to use any kind of threads. :)

On the heart, which was cut from some scrap paper, I added a little bit of paper wire and attached it with a few fastenators.

I was also able to spell out the word "families" with the very few Thicker letters I have left. I really need to restock! The smaller words are on tiny pieces of cardstock and those letters I found from Basic Grey. The word "heartstrings" was a total luck of the draw. I dared to open the drawer of letter stickers....and this untouched set of letters from Inspirables was right at the top! Perfect color, perfect font, perfect amount of letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment